Things to do in an around Mannum in South Australia
Your destination for the perfect Romantic Escape
Take some time out and hire a little paddleboat - Great fun!
Photo © 2010 Brian Kowald
Mannum is a gorgeous little town right on the banks of the Murray River and is full of history having an abundance of things to do and see.
Take a short cruise on the river or simply sit back and watch the boats go by. A spot of fishing or picnic by the river and watch the water birds.
Make sure you bring your camera to take some magic snaps. If you're feeling energetic, use the mountain bikes or take the two person canoe for a paddle on the Murray. For something completely different why not try your hand at Clay Pigeon Shooting? It's the chosen sport of aristocracy around the world and when you try it, you'll know why. After all, Romantic Getaways are all about doing something special together, something different to everyday life.
You will find no shortage of wonderful things to do on your Romantic Getaway at Riverview Rise Retreats in Mannum. It's a sleepy little town full of quaint nick knacks, water activities and even a fabulous Art Gallery (Woolshed Gallery). Below we have listed just a few of the better known options for your consideration. Optionally you can just hide yourselves away in 5 STAR Luxury and make the most of your time to reconnect and enjoy each others company.
- FREE use of our 2 person Canoe with paddles & safety vests.
- FREE use of lady's & gent's Mountain Bikes with safety helmets
- FREE use of fishing gear
To avoid disappointment call Wink on 0400 310 380 to pre-book these items.
Things to do in Mannum?
- Visit our interactive Mannum Dock Museum, a fascinating collage of river life from the early days of settlement till now.
- Visit the Woolshed Gallery where you will find a wonderful exhibition of great Australian Art & Prints
- Long walks along the river, picnic under shady trees, bird watching, catch a fish
- Have Lunch overlooking the river from our Mannum Club or the newly renovated Pretoria Hotel
- Have a drink at out historic Hotel Mannum at was 1/2 underwater during the 1956 flood
- Exhilarate in water skiing .
- Take time out to enjoy a trip on Australia's largest inland waterway ships The Murray Princess or the Murray Expedition
- If you rather go on a smaller boat for a short trip, we have Jester Cruises or Odyssey River Cruise both of which provide a very personal service.
- Schedule your visit to take a ride on a genuine fully restored Paddle Steamer PS MARION she is the last of her kind still in service in the world.
- Drive along the Longest Stretch of Road adjacent to the Murray River in Australia. East Front Rd meanders for around 40 kilometers along the river, farms. shacks, marinas. The Younghusband General Store is fully licensed is located at the 1/2 way mark. Here you can do lunch in a leisurely manner right on the waterfront before continuing on you scenic journey .
- Maybe a round of Golf at our local Mannum course is more to your liking.
- Optionally, do nothing at all - Just sit back and recuperate while you watch the river roll by.
About the Township of Mannum
What's on and what's coming up?
Don’t miss Sounds By The River 2013 for the BIGGEST Sounds By The River EVER – Saturday, January 12th January 2013.
Sounds by the River is an outdoor entertainment event on the banks of the Murray River in South Australia showcasing the State's iconic waterway.
"Jimmy Barnes will headline Sounds by the River 2013 with special guests Ian Moss, Ross Wilson, Dragon, Chocolate Starfish, Swanee & Mamboobies" at the picturesque Mary Ann Reserve at Mannum on Saturday 12th January 2013 on the banks of the Murray River. It will be the largest line up Sounds by the River has ever seen.
With food stalls and a bar on site, all you need to do is rock up with your deck chair and enjoy one of the best days out SA has to offer!
Gates open at 2pm and the entertainment continues on until 11pm.
Parking is available at the Mannum Football Oval (free), with a gold coin donation to catch the shuttle bus to Mary Ann Reserve.
Adults: $79.90 plus booking fee
Children aged 12-17: $39.90 plus booking fee
Children under 12: Free
With the recent inflows from interstate and good regional rains the Murray River in Mannum is looking it's best in many years. The Mannum Waterfalls are a must see as the are running at peak levels. It's a great time on the river.
Mannum Community Club Events
Gallery (click on image to enlarge - (C) 2006 Brian Kowald)